Practice Area

Business & Employment-Based Immigration

At Alaz Law, our Business & Employment-Based immigration services are tailored to meet the unique needs of businesses and corporations.

If you want to live and work in the United States, one option is to have an eligible U.S. entity sponsoring your application.

There are many reasons why a company might want to hire immigrant workers, including the fact that they may possess skills that are not readily available in the U.S. workforce, or they may be willing to perform tasks that US workers tend to avoid. 

Business & Employment-Based Immigration
Obtaining Permanent Residency for Foreign Nationals

If you are an employee from another country, there are several ways you may be granted permanent residency in the U.S. with the support of a sponsoring employer.

Depending on the reason an employment-based visa is granted, the options are as follows:

EB-1: This visa grants permanent residency to foreign nationals who have extraordinary abilities in areas such as arts, science, education, athletics, or business. It is also available to outstanding professors or researchers, or executives or managers whose foreign companies have transferred them to a U.S. office.

EB-2: This visa grants permanent residency to foreign nationals who have advanced degrees or exceptional abilities in the arts, sciences, athletics, or business.

EB-3: This visa grants permanent residency to foreign nationals who may not qualify for EB-1 or EB-2 visas but are nonetheless skilled workers or professionals. However, the waiting time to obtain these visas may be longer than for EB-1 or EB-2 visas.

EB-4: This visa grants permanent residency to particular categories of immigrants, including religious workers, Iraqi/Afghan translators, Iraqis who have assisted the U.S., employees of international organizations, physicians, and members of the armed forces.

Obtaining Temporary Employment Visas for Foreign Workers

Foreign workers with legitimate temporary job offerings in the U.S. may also be granted temporary employment visas. The following visas may be granted to workers who already have jobs lined up in the U.S. :

H-1B: This visa grants non-immigrant visas to professional workers who have at least a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience). However, their employers must prove that they will be paid at (at a minimum) the prevailing wage for the position.

L-1: This visa is available to executives, managers, and other employees with specialized knowledge who are being transferred to their employer’s U.S. affiliate. Those holding L-1 visas may, in some cases, be eligible for permanent residency without the need for a labor certification.

O-1: This visa, also known as an Extraordinary Ability visa, is available to foreign nationals who have exhibited extraordinary ability in their fields of endeavor, whether entertainment, athletics, science or business. Unlike the EB-1, the O-1 visa only permits the immigrant to stay in the U.S. temporarily.

TN: This visa has been established to give an advantage to immigrants from Canada and Mexico, the countries that are our co-members in NAFTA (the North American Free Trade Agreement).

We have extensive experience in following areas:

Don't Wait - Get Immigration Advice Today

Immigration laws can be complex and ever-changing. If you are considering applying for a visa, it is important to get the right advice from an experienced immigration lawyer. A qualified immigration lawyer can help you understand the process and provide guidance on how best to handle your case. They can also help you prepare the necessary documents and represent you in court if necessary. Don't wait - get immigration advice today to ensure that your application is successful.

Scroll to Top

For A Professional Immigration Lawyer, Get A Quote Today