Practice Area

Family-Based Immigration

Family is the cornerstone of a happy and fulfilled life, and at Alaz Law, we understand the importance of keeping families together.

Wife or Husband of a U.S.Citizen

The spouses of the U.S. Citizens are considered as immediate family members. If the spouse is already in the U.S., they can apply for a green card without returning to their home country. AlazLaw ensures you are updated throughout the process and provides expertise for faster results.

Children of a U.S. Citizen

To qualify as an immediate relative, the child must be unmarried and under 21 years of age. Stepchildren must be under 18 when the relationship is established, and adopted children must be under 16 and have lived with the U.S. citizen for at least 2 years before filing for the visa. At Alaz Law Firm, we are dedicated to reuniting parents with their children.

Family-Based Immigration
Parents of a U.S. Citizen

The visas are readily available for parents of U.S. citizens if the child is at least 21 years old. At our firm, we understand the importance of family reunification and will work tirelessly to help you bring your parents to the U.S.

Spouse/Children of a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)

As a permanent resident, you can still apply for your spouse or unmarried child to immigrate to the U.S., but there is typically a waiting period due to a limit on the number of relatives who may immigrate each year. Our firm can help guide you through the process and keep you informed every step of the way.

Brothers/Sisters of a U.S. Citizen

Bringing a sibling to the U.S. requires a family preference immigrant visa application as there is a yearly limit on the number of visas being granted. The visas are awarded based on the date of the visa petition, and your sibling can only apply for a green card once the priority date become eligible. At our firm, we can assist you in navigating the process and keeping you informed every step of the way.


As a U.S. citizen, you can also bring your intended spouse to the U.S. through the K-1 fiancé(e) visa. The applicant must be unmarried and meet specific requirements, including meeting in person within the last 2 years and meeting the current income requirement. If you have already immigrated to the U.S., you may also be eligible to apply for a green card through the adjustment of status process after marriage. Our firm can guide you through the process and keep you informed every step of the way.

We have extensive experience in following areas:

Don't Wait - Get Immigration Advice Today

Immigration laws can be complex and ever-changing. If you are considering applying for a visa, it is important to get the right advice from an experienced immigration lawyer. A qualified immigration lawyer can help you understand the process and provide guidance on how best to handle your case. They can also help you prepare the necessary documents and represent you in court if necessary. Don't wait - get immigration advice today to ensure that your application is successful.

Scroll to Top

For A Professional Immigration Lawyer, Get A Quote Today